Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear Miley Cyrus.... again

I changed my mind. I was just gonna leave it at Sinead's letter to you but since that one letter, two more were written and well I need to clarify my sentiments.

Look babe, I want to make it clear that I genuinely do applaud you for doing whatever the fuck you want. I think there is nothing wrong with being how you are, if it is in fact who you really are.

My problem with your antics at the MTV Awards and your videos arent so much WHAT you are doing but how and why.

I get it, you are killing Hanna Montana. Good for you! Thats a character on a tv show, she wasnt real to begin with and when the public expects you to be that, it just shows how fucking stupid society can be.

It just looks weird to me. You look like you are trying too hard. Thats just my opinion though! I think Sinead believed that you were doing this because you were being brainwashed into thinking this is the right way to go about it.

The MTV Video Awards was a joke hun. It had nothing to do with the song. It had nothing to do with the clothes. For me that tongue is fucking annoying. You look special. Put it back in, it aint sexy or cute. (Again my opinion) it was just chaos and not organized chaos. Your peers were in that crowd. Other musicians and artists and they were looking at you like wtf, this is horrible. They werent offended! You did nothing offensive it just looked weird. Thats why I thought it was bad.

Now heres the thing, thats ok babe. So what? If you are not trying too hard and this IS truly you, thats fine. Good for you, just understand as a celebrity this is what is being perceived by others.

Now a little on Sinead,....

Look, YOU mentioned her. YOU said she influenced you and that video. Ummm.... I get it kinda.. but were you aware of her back story before you did so? You ARE aware that her convictions and her take on being an artist and WHY she made the music she did are WAAAAAAY different than yours right?

This woman got bombarded with phone calls, email, you name it from every media outlet asking her what her thought was on that because the media ALSO thought that was shocking that you even knew who Sinead was! She hates that shit, especially after how we in the US treated her. She doesnt trust the media as much as you do.

She wrote a letter cuz what you represent is not a reflection of her and she felt the need to write you a letter. I legitimately believe her letter came from a good place.

Now this is where I take high offense to you....

You responded to her letter to you with tweets referring to things you know nothing about.

You mocked her mental illness and Amanda Bynes as well (letter to be done shortly) and her past. That is beyond fucked up!

You have fans with mental illness from depression, to schizophrenia, to bipolar disorder, to autism. You "defended" yourself by reblogging things she posted out of context, referenced her mental illness by comparing her to Amanda Bynes, none of which had ANYTHING to do with her letter! What are you telling others with mental illness? That their opinion isnt valid because of their issues? That they arent to be listened to? Why would you do what you did? Why wouldnt you have just simply posted this...

"Everyone has a right to their opinion. I am who I am fucking deal with it. Thanks for your concern but butt out!"

That makes the point, short and sweet. You couldnt do that though. You had to make jabs at someone. Someone who writes a letter of concerned whether you feel its warranted or not.

I am not worried about you. I think you are a strong powerful woman. I agree with SOME of what Sinead said but I also know you are young and still need to experience life more. We all learn from the mistakes that happen. You will make loads. We all do. Does that mean this is a mistake? I dunno it depends on how you take it.


Stay true to you. Try to have a little more elegance when dealing with letters and advice. Shrug it off and be aware of those you may insult along the way. You are worth more than you think. Yet you are also a human being like everyone else. You have fans who love you.  Be strong and happy

No comments:

Post a Comment